Friday 3 June 2011

Dusty Petals Shop Opens! First Look for sale!


Dusty Petals First Look For Sale!
Today I am so excited to open the doors to my online Dusty Petals Shop!
Dusty Petals online shop provides complete looks following the latest trends. I have tried to source affordable pieces for you to purchase directly through my Dusty Petals blog.
This first look I have for sale is based off one of the hottest trends showing on the 2011 runways; 
Pattern mixing. 
With the right combination of colours and patterns you can create a bold and unique statement. I know this might seem daunting at first but this current trend allows for fun and creativity in combining pieces you would never have dreamed of from your wardrobe.  The below look for sale may help you ease into this trend. The advantage of the look is that worn together it reveals a strong statement,  whilst each piece can be fashionably worn separately. The navy and white striped shirt dress can be worn over jeans or over stockings like I have done below. 
I've titled this look 'London Calling' for obvious reasons. 


London Calling!!!
 Pattern Mixing Trend.

  


  


  



HOW MUCH TO BUY THIS COMPLETE LOOK??? 
(All prices exclude shipping costs)
Polka Dot Cardigan (Item code: PDC) $35.00
Navy and White striped shirt dress (Item code: NWD) $40.00
London Red Scarf (Item code: LRS) $25.00
Union Jack Bag (Item code: LNB) $30.00

Each piece can be sold separately 
OR
 BUY THE COMPLETE LOOK FOR ONLY $115.00 (+shipping)

Sizes Available:  Small to Medium available.
Limited stock so get in first.  

 HOW TO BUY THIS OUTFIT!
Step One:   Email me at scarfo.giovanna@gmail.com to tell me your order (include item code) and size.
Step Two:  Wait for an email from me to confirm your order.
Step Three: When you receive confirmation that your order was placed I will send you an invoice.  Payment is only available through Paypal. I will confirm your address details in a following email.
Step Four:  Your order will be sent to you. I will notify you of your tracking number.



Pattern Mixing Tips:

A small fashion tip is to combine a strong bold pattern with a dainty and smaller print. Colour is important too. When teaming contrasting patterns it is important to keep the colours complementary. I always like to create a base colour with all of the individual pieces as this allows me to have complete flexibility of the colour wheel. 
Here are some examples of the pattern mixing trends from various runway collections and street style.



(Above Images courtesy of Style.com)


(Images (from left to right) courtesy of http://lookbook.nu/inherstilettos & http://lookbook.nu/oraclefox.


Let me know what you think of this new trend!


Enjoy your first shopping spree through Dusty Petals online shop.



10 comments:

  1. What do I think? Hmm. Some of the individual pieces are gorgeous but every one of those outfits would be improved if you replaced one of the patterned pieces with a plain piece. As for your featured outfit, I love the cardigan & the accessories but the dress looks too much like my high school uniform. Your prices are very good tho it would be good if you broke it down to give the price of each piece. It's a promising start. I'll keep my eye on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg your pardon, you did give a breakdown. I didn't read carefully enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I understand the look is quite strong and not for everyone. I chose to use my blog to help expose and encourage my followers to try new things involving fashion. The thing I love about this feature outfit is that is has options. You can wear it to make a strong statement or have the option to wear the individual pieces separately. A couple of options as to how to wear the individual pieces for sale would be:
    1:Wear the dress over a pair of jeans and layer it with a solid coloured blazer, jacket or cardigan. I would suggest navy, red or white colours.
    2. The polka dot cardigan can be worn over a white t-shirt/cami and teamed with dark navy jeans. The london themed scarf can also be added to this outfit.
    3. The union jack bag is a great way to add some fun and colour to a single tone outfit.

    I hope these suggestions help.

    Again, thank you for your comment. I look forward to sharing my next look with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl

    Good luck with it all :) I think it looks great. Definitely has a great sense of London. Although it kinda makes me want to go travelling now :S

    -fb X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love hearing from you! Thanks so much fb!!! I know what you mean about wanting to go travelling...sorry to be a tease. Ha ha!
    Take care,
    x Dusty Petals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new shop! I love the mix of prints, it makes me smile : )

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you soooo much Michelle!!! That means a lot to me. Glad to know it put a smile on your face!!! Just saw your blog and LOVE it. You have a new follower. Can't wait to share your new looks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is seriously super cute, would definitely wear it on a day out! And I love how much effort you put into your posts, I've never seen anyone do quite as much, so really well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm a sucker for street style, I love your blog! Dusty Petals is so so cute

    following!
    www.ferrris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pattern mixing is amazing! I love it, recently on the Satorialist blog, there was a picture of a girl that had different types of stripped pattern mixxed together it was AMAZING!!! <3 An this is exactly how you look dear :***

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox