Sunday 8 July 2012

Who's that girl? It's Jess!

Hi everyone! I apologise for being a phantom over the past week, I have been a little unwell and had some computer free time. The positive side of being sick in bed was that I could catch up on my favourite TV series. I thought I'd dedicate this post to one of my favourite shows at the moment, New Girl. Along with many others I have fallen in love with the 'New Girl' leading lady Jess, played by Zooey Deschanel. Jess is a clumsy, open hearted, generous and quirky teacher who has an incredibly cute style. Her style reminds me of Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf's with a touch of retro/vintage. 

With her sixties inspired eye make-up and voluminous hair Jess is often seen in bold, rich colours and loves to combine clashed prints. Her ensembles include short and flouncy dresses or skirts layered with ruffled shirts and preppy cardigans. Jess finishes off every outfit with chic ballet flats always matching perfect in colour to her complete look. 

I have styled a New Girl inspired look below. This outfit makes me feel fun, youthful, quirky and happy. I love how clothes can impact your feelings and unleash a hidden persona in you. I  have styled some Jess inspired looks for you at the bottom of this post.

I encourage you all to check out 'New Girl.'









Introducing New Girl's  Jess 




Above photos of Jess courtesy of http://wwzdw.com/




Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous sweetie!!! I love New Girl!! She is so funny and I am glad up to hear you are feeling better now :)

    Take care, Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Daniella! Thanks for the kind comment!!! I know, how funny is New Girl! Hope you've been well. xoxox

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your outfit!!! It is so amazing!! You look lovely! I would also like to note that your satchel bag is too cute! I've been wanting one so badly! I'm envious!!! :)

    -Lil Miss Latina
    http://lillatinafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox